SB & Company, LLC (SBC) was created to be a minority firm with the experience, leadership, people, methodologies, and strategy to serve clients in certain targeted markets. The founders had diverse industry, technical, and management expertise developed from "Big 4" international firms - but even more, they had a common desire to build a firm dedicated to delivering quality and value for fees to our clients. We believed there was an opportunity for a minority firm with diverse people and a diverse client base that was committed to quality work, outstanding client service and a commitment to developing and investing in its people as was instilled in us from our "Big 4" firm roots. Our managing partner, Graylin Smith, is a former partner at Arthur Andersen, LLP. All three founding partners are former "Big 4" accounting firm professionals.
The "Big 4" principles on which the firm was founded and which all of our people are guided by has resulted in a diverse client base from start-ups to major corporations, and our ability to attract highly talented people. We are committed to these principles continuing to guide our success. SBC was built on principles of hiring the best people, investing in their development, establishing methodologies in all we do to ensure quality, serving those areas of our expertise, providing value to our clients by serving their needs and assisting them to achieve their goals, actively participating in the industries we serve, and only accepting the best in all we do. Among the many strengths that distinguish us in the marketplace are our:
SBC has been able to create the firm we wanted to create because we have stayed true to our vision, are guided by experienced people rooted from the Big 4 firms and have attracted the people and client base to make it possible. SBC has three former Big 4 partners in the firm.
The SBC Difference
In addition to our focus on client service , our industry knowledge, and the complexity of our client base, what sets SBC apart is the commitments that guide our actions. These commitments have earned SBC the trust and respect of clients from a range of industries and accounting needs.
- Commitment to Our Clients. At SBC, every client is important. From start-ups to multi-national corporations, we take the time to understand your needs and objectives, and then provide customized, proactive and responsive service.
- Commitment to the Profession. Our engagement personnel are directly involved in a wide variety of standards-setting and industry organizations, so we can be on the front lines as our industry develops.
- Commitment to Our People. By making significant investments in training and development, SBC is able to recruit the region's leading talent, so you're served by only the most knowledgeable and motivated professionals. Then, we make sure these assets have expanded opportunities for professional development.
- Commitment to Knowledge. We believe to properly serve our clients and deliver value to them, our professionals must be knowledgeable in technical, industry, business, and management skills. To ensure our professionals have this knowledge, we make significant investments in their training, development and industry participation.
- Commitment to Diversity. Our professionals are a reflection of our clients and their customers, as well as the international nature of today’s business world. We value our diversity as one of the keys to our success and strategy.
- Commitment to Our Community. We believe we have a responsibility to contribute and improve the communities in which we live and work. As such, SBC and our people volunteer, serve in leadership capacities and make contributions to many civic organizations.